Reliving the history of our Father Founder

Reliving the history of our Father Founder

15 November 1833                                                                                                                                                 
 Francisco Palau pronounced his solemn vows on 15 November 1833, at the time when Spain sensed a tragic outcome of events and the religious orders relived days of persecution and pain.
This novice of Aytona was well aware of the act he undertook and the consequences which he would certainly embrace, derived from his self offering and commitment. Fortunate are the words of Francisco Palau, enabling us to know his sentiments in such a transcendal moment of his life.

"When I made my religious profession, the revolution had already held in its hand the incendiary torch to burn the religious establishments, and the dreadful dagger to put to death all those seeking shelter in them. I was not ignorant of the pressing danger to which I was exposing myself nor of the rules of caution to avoid it.  Nevertheless, I committed myself, through solemn vows, to a state of life whose rules I believe I could fulfil until death, independent of all human events and circumstances. To live in Carmel I needed only one thing, that is, vocation. (Positio, p.45 - 46).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter